With E-Cigarettes being so new, there is a lot of misinformation floating around. Because of this, it can make proper e-cigarette etiquette difficult. Rather than creating a sense of uncertainty and naivete, we want to take hold of the reigns and display ourselves as responsible consumers, who are in the know. Remember, the more people accept what your are doing, the more you will be allowed to do it.
- Don’t blow vapor at someone. It is disrespectful and often compared to a slap in the face.
- While it is permissible, don’t vape indoors without expressed permission. This includes work, homes, cars, theatres, restaurants, etc.
- Don’t be pushy. Whether you are trying to convince smokers to convert, asking for permission to smoke, or trying to educate non-smokers of the benefits of vaping, not everyone will agree and most people just need to be left alone.
- Keep your puffs reasonable. While large billows of vapor can be impressive, it is not appreciated by many people. This is especially true in public.
- Don’t vape in front of kids. Whether they are your kids or somebody else’s, vaping is for adults.
- Whether you are with a friend or in a crowd, make sure it is ok with the people around you before you start puffing.
- Be unobtrusive. If you do walk around taking puffs, it’s not practical to ask everyone you pass if it is ok if you vape. Items such as the V2 shorty battery are great for discreet vaping.
- Educate those that are interested. If someone asks you about your Electronic cigarette, be sure to courteously inform them about what it is and why you use it. Knowledge is power.
Now that you know a bit about the etiquette of E-Cigs, go out and set a positive example. If you are looking to get into vaping or switching from smoking, check out our free electronic cigarette give-a-ways, and e-cig coupons. At the Cult Of Genius we also offer the best electronic cigarette reviews online, so you can make intelligent and informed decisions.